Re: 9i (9.2.0.1.0) Install problems

From: Igor Racic <igorracicIP_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 20:49:16 -0700

Hi

 I installed 9.2 on RedHat 7.3.
 I also had problem with threads and JRE - because directory for inventory for installer
 should be separated from others. In this case delete installer file in /etc/ (don't remember
 exact name but something like oraInstall) and reinstall.  Also had problems to install when directories pointed by soft links.  I hope you checked enviroment variables, users, groups twice before installing.
 I would also verify if permissions on diferent directories could be a problem.

  Hope this helps

                                                                        Igor

Oracle DBA
DB Consulting