Re: 9i (9.2.0.1.0) Install problems

From: Piotr Kozłowski <pkozlows_at_tlen.pl>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 00:28:32 +0200

If we consider Linux, Oracle certifies 91R2 only on SUSE and "RH Advanced Server" ( I don't remember versions now but I can find it if needed) - both are not free.

I had problems with installation on RH7.1 and Debian (on both, I used certified versions of kernel and glibc) . After a couple of problems with JRE, when installation was about to run sqlplus, i got "end of file in communication channel" . I gave up and installed it on Slackware 8.1 - without any problems.

so, my advice is - use Slackware.

Piotr