Re: Errors on installation...

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 13:56:25 +0200

"Warren E Bullock III" <wbullock_at_twcny.rr.com> wrote

> I keep getting an error when I try to install 8i on my Linux Redhat
> Server...

Likely because you are installing 8i which requires an older version of gclib that ships with RedHat 7.2 and greater.

Read the 8i operating system requirements for Red Hat and make sure that are you meeting them all.

There are ways to get 8i to install and run on later RH versions, but it requires some manual hacking. Not worth it as you can easily screw up other dependencies by mucking around with gclib.

--
Billy