Re: Everyone can log on as sysdba on oracle 8i??????

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 11:07:10 +0100

Almost certainly you are allowing operating system authentication of sysdba users. Thus it doesn't matter what value you put as username and password in the sqlplus connection string it only matters what os account you are using and if that account is a member of the dba group.

You can change this behaviour by modifying the value of the init.ora parameter remote_login_password_file and bouncing the database if you wish.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA