Everyone can log on as sysdba on oracle 8i??????

From: Cihat <c.genc_at_interpay.nl>
Date: 1 Aug 2002 02:49:12 -0700

Hi,

I have a weird situation here. I have an oracle 8i on a Unix (aix) machine. There are a total of 6 users in the password file (thats the result i get when i do a select on v$pwfile_users), two of them are sys and internal. When I create a user like this: 'create user test identified by test' it is possible to logon to the database with test as sysdba?! It also doesn't matter what i fill in as a password, it connects?! How is this possible? How can I deny normal users to log on as sysdba and how can I change the password of sysdba?

thanks,
Cihat Received on Thu Aug 01 2002 - 04:49:12 CDT