Re: Folders or MOREplus equivalent?

From: Jason Pepper <jason.pepper_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 23:44:20 +0100

Personally, I prefer writing PL/SQL procs in the DB that generate the HTML for me using the OWA packages.

This technology actually predated the PSP stuff by some time, remember Web Server 2 ?

Think of PSP's as being the PL/SQL equivalent of JSP's and the other stuff as the equivalent of Servlets.

People like to use the PSP approach if they are working with a design agency, thus they can write their HTML with <DATA> tags in it, and you can write your sexy DB code inside those <DATA> tags thus abstracting the presentation layer from the data layer..

However, if you're not working with the design agency then perhaps you may find the other method provides greater brevity and flexibility.

-JP