Re: an assertion about Oracle Ed.

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_optushome.com.au>
Date: 31 Jul 2002 16:35:25 -0700

mfowler_at_dot.co.pima.az.us (m. fowler) wrote in message news:<e9c5a67.0207310803.dfae410_at_posting.google.com>...

> After seeing what is possible I was led to consider the following
> assertion: The number one reason for the sorry state of Oracle
> understanding is none other than Oracle Education. Aside from the
> usual diatribes that will appear I wonder how others who have thought
> a little about this over the years might respond.

As someone who has had "contention" with Oracle eduction for a long time, and in all honesty, I can tell you that is not the case.

10 years ago I couldn't agree with you more. At least in Australia. As is now, they provide what I consider very good introductory to mid-level courses which are of well above average quality.

I have never used their services regularly and many here know that. Yet when I have, it has been my surprise to find they have delivered a good, solid service.

Are they good value-for-money? I don't know. Personally, I think they are over-priced. And I also think other education providers from other makers are over-priced. But that has nothing to do with the courses themselves and the instructors.

Cheers
Nuno Souto
nsouto_at_optushom.com.au.nospam Received on Wed Jul 31 2002 - 18:35:25 CDT