Re: Converting from WebLogic to 9iAS

From: Avi Abrami <aabrami_at_intersystemsww.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 14:58:27 +0200

Amitabh wrote:

> I dont know whether this is the right forum for 9iAS EJB Server, but I
> couldn't find any other group that qualifies.
>
> We have developed a rather large EJB based application on WebLogic
> 5.1. We are planning of porting it to 9iAS, as not all our clients
> have WebLogic.
>
> Can anybody help me with any tips/url about the incompatibilities and
> differences between WebLogic and 9iAS. What are the possible pitfall
> and traps that I sould look out for? Specially are are any known
> variations that would make a code written in WebLogic not run on 9iAS.
>
> This would halp me in planning out the activity and avoid the problems
> faced by other.
>
> Thanks
>
> Amitabh

Hi Amitabh,
I'm assuming you don't know about Oracle's "Technet" web site

http://technet.oracle.com

otherwise, I don't think you'd be asking this question.

You need to register (for free), and then you can access this web page

http://technet.oracle.com/tech/java/oc4j/content.html

where you will find links to documentation, "how-to" documents and sample code for OC4J (the 9iAS EJB server -- as you call it). You can also download the latest version (free for development use) from that same web page.

In fact, Oracle are trying to help ease the transition for you WebLogic guys. The following web pages may also be relevant for you:

http://otn.oracle.com/products/jdev/htdocs/vcmigration/weblogic/content.html

http://otn.oracle.com/products/ias/pdf/weblogic_migration.pdf

http://www.oracle.com/consulting/start/BEAmigration/intro.html?src=1260040&Act=8

Hope this helps you.

Good Luck,
Avi. Received on Tue Jul 30 2002 - 07:58:27 CDT