Re: Developer responsibilities

From: John Russell <netnews4_at_johnrussell.mailshell.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2002 16:34:45 GMT

On Sat, 27 Jul 2002 18:52:16 GMT, "sued" <sued_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

>We are a shop that is new to developing on Oracle. Does anyone have
>suggestions / documentation that details what kind of responsibilities a
>developer has to create objects / forms / reports / etc on an Oracle
>platform? Performance tuning queries and utilizing explain plan have been
>brought up. As a newbie Oracle DBA I'm not sure how to guide the developers
>and we want everyone to do their job well.
>
>We currently use MS SQL and the code is being phased out. We have many new
>developers, at different skill levels, and requests to access the production
>server. We have a development server to test on as well.
>
>Any help would be greatly appreciated!

The 9i documentation has a "getting started" page which links to a summary of developer responsibilities plus suggests the books to start reading:

http://tahiti.oracle.com/pls/db92/db92.getting_started

The section on developer responsibilities could probably do with some critiquing by the readers of this group.

John Received on Sun Jul 28 2002 - 11:34:45 CDT