Re: set a rollback segment for a specific user

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 10:12:51 +0200

"Karen" <abvk_at_ureach.com> wrote in message news:3D42319E.10101ED1_at_ureach.com...
[snip]
> PS. Btw, can someone explain to me what cross-posting is? Did I
cross-post when
> I answered
> two different emails in the same thread? If so, is there something wrong
with
> it?

cross-posting is posting
to comp.databases.oracle,
comp.databases.oracle.server,comp.databases.oracle.tools, comp.databases.oracle.tools
Usually done by people who
a) don't know the distinction between the groups b) think they get a bigger and better audience Many newsreaders will be able to cope with cross-posts, provided the post has the same message-id, but you still have to download the header in all groups.
Answers will be posted to all groups
*Multi*posting is posting the same message independently to all groups. Answers will NOT be posted to multiple groups, and other groups won't see the question has already been responded to. Many people, especially those that never lookup manuals, and never search teh archives at http://groups.google.com do either one of them. b) above is definitely not true. The top-10 responders monitor all Oracle groups and there are providers who don't transmit comp.databases.oracle (the original newsgroup) anymore
Both cross- and multiposting are just a waste of bandwith and a waste of time, and as Usenet is a voluntarily business (with the exception of Thomas Kyte probably no one gets paid for answering Usenet questions), that should be avoided at all costs.

Regards

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA