Dba studio bug ?

From: FC <flavio_at_tin.it>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 12:05:25 GMT

Hello folks,
did anybody succeed in using Dba Studio "nested table" dialog on some platform?
I tried on two different flavors of Win2K (PIII and AMD), using Oracle 8.1.7.0.0 and I can't get it to work as described in the manual. This "nested table" dialog box is supposed to show up as soon as you pick a user-defined data type from the combo box but it doesn't. If I invoke it directly by selecting the corresponding column and pressing the right button of the mouse, it does show up but it is not editable, that is you cannot insert anything and upon start is just empty. I couldn't find a way to specify the nested table storage clause using the dba studio table editor either, so I had to manually type the commands for declaring which field had to be treated as a nested table and how to call the corresponding external table.
Once entered in this fashion, the nested table dialog displays the current values correctly and apparently allows you to update them (but I didn't try to see what happens).

Is this the regular behaviour?
If not, is there a version fixing this problem?

Thanks,
Flavio Received on Thu Jul 25 2002 - 07:05:25 CDT