Desupport

From: A. Howser <terrificbowler_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 23 Jul 2002 14:38:34 -0700

What exactly does de-support mean? I've seen a lot of discussion of it, but no definition. Specifically, here is my problem:

Government client has a contract from 1999 stating that we have to develop this app on Oracle 8.0.4 on NT. We don't want to upgrade, first because changing the contract would be a big hassle, and second because they would demand that all of the software be regression tested.

However, we only recently realized that 8.0.4 and OLE DB do not play nice together. I saw in a post that there are patches to upgrade to 8.0.4.4 that can fix this. Does "desupported" mean that Oracle will not give us these patches? I would think it does, but I need to know for sure.

Also, if that is the case, does someone have those patches lying around that they could give to us? Received on Tue Jul 23 2002 - 16:38:34 CDT