Re: Imported DB runs SLOWER on faster machine

From: Rick Denoire <100.17706_at_germanynet.de>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 23:47:06 +0200

"Vladimir M. Zakharychev" <bob_at_dpsp-yes.com> wrote:

>Daniel is probably right - you don't have any statistics collected after import
>and thus you either get FTS or index access where inappropriate. Also, your
>db_block_buffers may be set too low resulting in excessive physical i/o.

The db_block_buffers parameter, as well as most other OS independent parameters, is exactly the same.

BUT it could be that you hit in the right place concerning the statistics question. I just assumed that statistics information would be imported too!! In the DB I exported from, things are already tuned up to the max, statistics are gathered periodically, objects revalidated etc. In the new DB, since it is so hard to do job automatization in Windows, I just forgot...

I will take a look at statistics. Thanks a lot!

Rick Received on Tue Jul 23 2002 - 16:47:06 CDT