Re: Sending table as an object to procedure

From: Vladimir M. Zakharychev <bob_at_dpsp-yes.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 16:07:03 +0400

Well, despite the harsh words Sybrand used, his point holds up - approach you suggested is incorrect. a) applies for sure if you use EXECUTE IMMEDIATE and can be slightly reduced (but not totally avoided) with DBMS_SQL and cursor caching; and b) is true unless you call the procedure in an AFTER INSERT OR UPDATE trigger (and the question was about BEFORE triggers.)

Corrections and additions welcome.