time delta question...

From: Telemachus <telemachus_at_ulysseswillreturn.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 13:10:50 +0100

Assume I have a list of datetimes e.g.

 Jan 12 17.03
Jan 12  17.21
Jan 12  18.02
Jan 12  19.12
Jan 13  03.24

In SQL alone , is there a method of generating a list of time deltas ?

eg for the list above to return
(cast to minutes )

18
41
70
492

One can see how it might be done through an iterative approach in code, but I'm wondering how to do it in plain 1-statement SQL.
(off looking for my dog-eared copy of SQL for Smarties )

T. Received on Fri Jul 19 2002 - 07:10:50 CDT