Re: Sending table as an object to procedure

From: Rauf Sarwar <rs_arwar_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 18 Jul 2002 20:54:54 -0700

> This code will result in
>
> a) Excessive parsing
> b) in mutating table errors
>
> But then it might be possible to run it as a background job.
>
> Your advice above is absolute and utter crap.
> Try to *learn* Oracle.
>
> Regards
>

> Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

Hmmm...relax Sybrand. You need to keep your prozac handy before you post or else you might give solutions like,

> Don't use windows
> Don't have power surges etc etc etc.

It is not my job to judge how bad or good someone's database design is. Their database architect should have thought these things through at design time before slapping bunch of triggers on every table. Person wanted to know,

> Finally, my problem is that I do not know how to send the table (as an
> object) to procedure!

and my solution to that is to use dynamic plsql. If you have a better or another solution, then post it, else go see a shrink before your *little bubble* bursts up with a whimper.

//Rauf Sarwar Received on Thu Jul 18 2002 - 22:54:54 CDT