Re: Import bug

From: Chuck <chuckh_at_softhome.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 15:31:30 -0400

"Daniel Morgan" <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com> wrote in message news:3D1C8ACA.BFB2FB16_at_exesolutions.com...
> I don't think that is what Tom said at all. And I find your original
posting
> logically inconsistent. How exactly does a schema come to have tables in a
> tablespace in which its quota is zero?

Easy. After tables are created the DBA sets the quota on the tablespace to 0? How is that logically inconsistent?

> And what developer, or DBA, could possibly think that they are going to
violate
> the security model by building objects in a tablespace for which they have
no
> privilege to create anything.
>
> The only bug I see here is in not doing reasonable preparation before
trying the
> import.

The problem here is an export can be taken of a database, that when imported into an empty database will not restore the database to it's original condition. I call that a *serious* problem with the import utility. Received on Fri Jun 28 2002 - 14:31:30 CDT