9iR2 install, please give me some advice !

From: james <james_at_963.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 12:43:26 +0800

hi, i am going to install Oracle 9iR2 and RedHat 7.2 on a 10G harddisk. seems that the partition for this situation is a challenge: 1. i don't want to burn CD so the 3 install disks must reside on the harddisk itself, that will take about 1.7G.

2. 9iR1 require 3.5G,but 9iR2 require 4.5G(software + seed db).
3. RedHat 7.2 installed as a server used about 1.6G at my current install.
4. swap,tmp,var and reasonable spare space.
5. that host is a dedicated oracle db server
i am a linux beginner,i am going to format and reinstall,could you give me some advice on how to partition the disk?

thanks for any help. Received on Tue Jun 25 2002 - 23:43:26 CDT