Use one tablespace in two databases???

From: Sig Dock <sigdock_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 19 Jun 2002 04:31:04 -0700

Hi all,

is it possible to use one tablespace in two databases at the same time?? Here is my situation:

I've created a tablespace REPD in a databse PRD1, located on a Sun Fire 280 server. I want to use the same tablespace from a second database, PRD2, located on another server. The second server can mount the filesystem from the first server in read-only mode which is sufficient for my purposes. The second database will only launch queries on the REPD-tablespace.
Is there any way to make the REPD-tablespace also a part of the PRD2 database without the use of Parallel Server? We are using Oracle 8.1.6.0, Solaris 8 and the datafiles are located on a EMC cabinet. Both sun servers are connected with a Gigabit fibre cable. Anyone with a good idea??

t.i.a.

Bert Jan Meinders
Oracle DBA Received on Wed Jun 19 2002 - 06:31:04 CDT