Re: How to export 9i data and import it to 8i?

From: Norman Dunbar <Norman.Dunbar_at_lfs.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 09:13:02 +0100

I've never had to do this, but ....

if you already have a server running 9i and a server running 8i then why bother installing a client for 8i - you should already have exp on the 8i server.

Login to a user, set oracle home to 8i and set oracle_sid to the 9i instance (which should have an entry in the 8i server's tnsnames/onames etc) then just exp from there - that should allow you to export from the 9i schema using th 8i software ?

HTH Regards,
Norman.

Norman Dunbar
Database/Unix administrator