Re: How to export 9i data and import it to 8i?

From: Hartono Nugroho <hanugro_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 14:11:26 +0700

Thanks, I am aware that I have to use same or lower version to exp because it is in the manual. But I do not know where to get the lower version of export to do the job.

I try to copy only the exp 8i executable file but it does not work because it seems that it needs few other dll files.

My question would be how to actually do this job as easy as possible because I could not find that info in the manual.

Do I need to install Oracle client (lower/same version, eg 8i) on one of my workstation and run exp against 9i server from the workstation? Or is there any other methods because basically I do not want to install full Oracle client.

Thanks in advance for your help.