Re: Oracle second instance

From: Richard Foote <richard.foote_at_bigpond.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 21:23:42 +1000

Hi George,

The short answer is yes. You may create as many databases as resources allow on the one box. The databases all share the same executables but are independent of each other and are uniquely identified with an oracle_sid name.

I trust that how to create the second database is beyond the scope of the question.

Regards

Richard