Oracle second instance

From: George Brancovici <gbrancovici_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 12 Jun 2002 03:36:57 -0700

Hi!
  I am not a DBA, but just a programmer that has some connections with Oracle, so please bear the following question, as I have to give an advice that has important consequences for me:   There is an Oracle 8.x on Solaris installation and one database
"served" by it. Is it possible to create a second database and to
"serve" it simultaneously with the first one (except maybe
reinstalling everything)?

Thank you,
George Received on Wed Jun 12 2002 - 05:36:57 CDT