Installation of Oracle 9ias hangs...

From: Manu <manu_at_phlcommunication.com>
Date: 5 Jun 2002 07:46:48 GMT

Hello

I am actually trying to install Oracle 9i Application Server Enterprise Edition on a Pentium 4 running Windows NT 4.0 SP5, RAM: 512Mo, virtual memory: 1024Mo, and lots of HD space (something like 40Go). I runned a patch allowing me to use the Oracle Universal Installer on this machine, and now, the installation starts well. After I answer all the questions it asks in the beginning (sys password, oracle user to use, NT password, Oracle SID and so on), the server begins to work, but stops at 1% of the installation process, during the execution of a script called 'catload_unix.sql'. I don't get any error, the script simply idles during hours. The database we use is Oracle 8.1.7 on a remote SCO Unixware 7 server, and works well usually. The connexion between the 9iAS machine and the Oracle 8.1.7 Server works perfectly using an Oracle Client. At this point, an error log is generated in the Oracle 9iAS logs directory, that contains:

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError:

	at java.lang.StringBuffer.expandCapacity(StringBuffer.java:182)
	at java.lang.StringBuffer.append(StringBuffer.java:342)
	at oracle.sysman.oii.oiis.OiisCompActions.toLog(OiisCompActions.java:331)
	at oracle.sysman.oii.oiis.OiisCompActions.doActionImpl(OiisCompActions.java:846)
	at oracle.sysman.oii.oiis.OiisCompActions.copyGroupActionInner(OiisCompActions.java:714)
	at oracle.sysman.oii.oiis.OiisCompActions.copyGroupAction(OiisCompActions.java:633)
	at oracle.sysman.oii.oiis.OiisCompActions.doAction(OiisCompActions.java:492)
	at CompActions.doActionP1copyGroup0(CompActions.java:145)
	at CompActions.stateChangeActions(CompActions.java:90)
	at oracle.sysman.oii.oiic.OiicInstallActionsPhase$OiilActionThr.run(OiicInstallActionsPhase.java:442)
	at oracle.sysman.oii.oiic.OiicInstallActionsPhase.executeProductPhases(OiicInstallActionsPhase.java:1487)
	at oracle.sysman.oii.oiic.OiicInstallActionsPhase.doInstalls(OiicInstallActionsPhase.java:1376)
	at oracle.sysman.oii.oiic.OiicInstallActionsPhase$OiInstRun.run(OiicInstallActionsPhase.java:2015)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:466)

I can't go any further for now, and i'm looking for a little help!

Thanks in advance

E.Andreu Received on Wed Jun 05 2002 - 02:46:48 CDT