Re: performance and scalability of oracle server

From: Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 15:21:44 GMT

Mr Matthew Lobegeiger wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm doing a university assignment on performance and scalability of 3 tier web
> information systems. I'm just wondering if anyone could tell me where i could
> find some info on oracle server, specifically why it is better (or possibly not
> as good) as other database servers with regards to performance and scalability.
> Any info would be appreciated. thanks :)
>
> matt

> s355795_at_student.uq.edu.au

If you want to find out why it is the best and likely cures cancer go to:

    http://www.oracle.com
    http://docs.oracle.com

If you want to find out why it is the scourage of the earth and responsible for all of the evil in the universe go to:

    http://www.microsoft.com
    http://www.ibm.com
    http://www.informix.com
    http://www.sybase.com

If you want to get past the hyperbole from public relations and marketing folks you will need to ask specific questions and only of people that have worked extensively with multiple systems.

Daniel Morgan Received on Thu May 23 2002 - 10:21:44 CDT