Increase JavaPool / SGA

From: Thomas Ruschival <t.ruschival_at_vivid-md.de>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 18:35:35 +0200

Same Post as in NEWS:comp.databases.oracle.server it seems to fit in here better.

Hi,
  Loading a large XML-document (68MB) from a CLOB column into a table with  the package DBMS_XMLSave always ran into a Java OutOfMemory error.So I  decided to give it a greater JavaPool.
 Original settings in the initfile where:  java_pool_size=117440512
 large_pool_size=1048576
 shared_pool_size=117440512

 I changed the Values to
 java_pool_size=150000000
 large_pool_size=5000000
 shared_pool_size=150000000

 With "dbshut" I shut down the database and restarted it with "dbstart"  To my surprise none of the parameters were changed.  I am wondering where the memory parameters for Oracle 9i Linux are set.  BTW my instance is called ORCL1, $ORACLE_HOME is /opt/oracle/product/9.0.1.
 $ORACLE_HOME/dbs/initorcl1.ora is a symbolic link to  /opt/oracle/admin/pfile/initorcl1.ora.
 I edited opt/oracle/admin/pfile/initorcl1.ora.  Where else are these parameters set?

 Thanks in advance
 Thomas Received on Mon May 13 2002 - 11:35:35 CDT