inconsistent error in a package

From: Ryan Gaffuri <rkg100_at_erols.com>
Date: 7 May 2002 05:09:53 -0700

Im at a loss on this one. I am calling a package that does a simple check of a business rule. Very simple calculations.

I will sometimes get an Ora-01722 and ora-06511 error. This was happening earlier because it could not handle null data and a calculation was failing.

However, I am now passing good data. Here is what happens.

  1. I try to execute the package from sqlplus and pass it values. It fails with that error.
  2. I log onto a different user and call the same package(I specifically say to call the one in the other schema). It works. I then go back to the original schema and execute the package. It now works every time.

Case 2:

  1. I execute the package from a button in a form. I make a new form that just has this button and I run the same execution script that calls the one from the database. It fails with that same error every time.
  2. I go to SQLPLUS and execute the exact same thing with a copy and paste of the same script. It runs every time and is successful.
  3. I then log into the other user and execute it. It fails. I then have it execute a duplicate of this package from Uers 2's schema and it works. I then am able to execute the original package from the form.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to atleast isolate this? I have no idea why this is happening. I have taken out all extraneous code and have a new form with just a button. So nothing is interferring. There isnt a problem with the roles either. I would get a different error if there was. Received on Tue May 07 2002 - 07:09:53 CDT