Access to V$ views

From: Ed <esicl_at_aol.com>
Date: 7 May 2002 05:17:38 -0700

Hi,

My DBA is very protective about everything. For example, recently he threatened to take CREATE TABLE privilege away from me as I had committed the heinous crime (on a development machine) of creating a table without the storage clause! By the way, I have over 10 years experience developing in Oracle (I remember V5), and I used to be a DBA. How can I him to give me access to the V$ views? i.e. What are the possible reasons for and against granting access to these views to developers?

I would be grateful for a few suggestions, as this my prevent me killing him, and I wouldn't want to deprive my children of their father.

Thanks,

Ed Received on Tue May 07 2002 - 07:17:38 CDT