Re: http://www.hjrdba.com/

From: Sean <smckeown_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 04 May 2002 14:56:27 GMT

Nuno Souto wrote:

> In article <3CD2E4F6.8EC8F659_at_BACKSIESearthlink.net>, you said (and I
> quote):
> > Sorry for the double-post, but just wanted to add one more thought that
> > occurred to me. This whole discussion is likely very unfair to Howard.
>
> Another good point. I don't think he's been "gagged", as his reply
> shows.

Did you mean to say "I *do* think" - or do you believe that terse reply is all he has to say on the matter?

> > My guess is that he can't comment publicly on the matter (else I'm sure
> > he would have by now), so we should probably just let the thread die and
> > give both parties the benefit of the doubt. It's mostly speculation and
> > conjecture, including my own comments.
>
> Sorry, disagree. These things should be discussed and aired. If nothing
> else, Howard will get public confirmation his work was being appreciated
> (and that IS important!). And whoever in Oracle got cold feet with his
> site will get plenty of confirmation that sort of thing is frowned upon
> by the user community.
>
> Nothing wrong with either.

No, sorry, I agree... I didn't mean to try to supress praise for the site or requests for its return, etc. I was suggesting that it probably isn't fair to speculate at the reasoning behind the decisions made by either party during this whole affair without more information.

Regards,
Sean

[My views do not necessarily reflect those of my employer.] Received on Sat May 04 2002 - 09:56:27 CDT