Oracle 8i on RS/6000 AIX question.

From: Todd Parnell <TParnell_at_sauder.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 11:37:45 -0400

We are using a dual-processor RISC machine and we are CPU bound at certain times. We are a pretty standard OLTP type of operation.

The question has come up, would we be better off doubling the processor speed or doubling the number of processors? As far as Oracle is concerned, the latter is more expensive.

I would appreciate hearing from anyone else who has encountered this.

Thanks,
Todd Parnell Received on Mon Apr 29 2002 - 10:37:45 CDT