Re: Windows of Unix

From: Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 17:25:11 GMT

"d.t." wrote:

> I recently spoke to a counsellor at a training school about an OCP course.
> He told me that the reason they train on Windows is because most companies
> run Oracle on Windows. That is contrary to what one would find on the web.
>
> Any thoughts?

That is contrary to reality too.

The real reason is that the school doesn't have the requisite experience with UNIX or Oracle on UNIX.

For the most part, though, everything you learn will be of value. If you want the UNIX experience purchase a Sun Ultra 5 from eBay for about $500. Get the $39.95 demo pack from Oracle at store.oracle.com. And pick up the missing pieces yourself.

Daniel Morgan Received on Mon Apr 29 2002 - 12:25:11 CDT