Re: Problems getting oracle 8.0.5 to listen on HPUX

From: Patrick Mackeown <patrick_nospam__at_patmac.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 18:05:58 +0100

I get the impression that this is never, ever going to succeed, you see, I cp -r (ed) an existing $ORACLE_HOME from another server onto this one and edited the files in network/admin to
"create" my listener. But I'm mightily begining to suspect that such
behaviour leaves one short
of the oracle adapters and without them, nothing works properly. I've seen a TNS-00508 no
such adapter error already, and when I run $ORACLE_HOME/bin/adapters it says
"No ntcontab.o!

Goodbye..." which is not a good sign I would imagine. I'm going to try to get myself an ntcontab.o
and install it from another HPUX box, but I'd be surprised if this experiment of mine ever works!

Thanks for all your help.

Patrick. Received on Sun Apr 28 2002 - 12:05:58 CDT