Re: Problem with 9.0.1.3 RMAN CONFIGURE Command

From: Klaus Naumann <spock_at_mgnet.de>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 14:40:04 +0200

On Fri, 26 Apr 2002 23:54:14 +0200, Howard J. Rogers wrote:

Hello Howard,

> You're running with a recovery catalog. The command you issued gets
> stored in the controlfile of the target database. When you resync the
> catalog, you should see the new setting picked up (and remember that a
> resync occurs everytime you perform a backup, copy or a
> restore/recovery).

this seems to be the problem. I now did a manual resync (resync catalog;) and the changed value was accepted. But the DB did a backup this night. So doing a backup doesn't resync the catalog correctly, it seems. Might this be a bug ?

Thanks for the help of course !

        Thanks in advance, Klaus

--
Full Name   : Klaus Naumann     | (http://www.mgnet.de/) (Germany)
Nickname    : Spock             | Org.: Mad Guys Network