Exporting Data from crashed Operating System

From: Charmee <charmee_p_at_indiatimes.com>
Date: 18 Apr 2002 23:53:30 -0700

> Yes; check your environment variables, including ORACLE_HOME. I dont
> see a problem so far other than env issues.

I did set the ORACLE_HOME env var myself.this time export is not giving same error,but now it says

EXP-00056: ORACLE error 12560 encountered ORA-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error.

> If you have trouble with this, check the install manual.

Actually the problem is that all the old files(before the system crashed) of oracle installation are alridy there,and i m using export facility from there.I have not re-installed ORACLE on the machine again.

Can you tell me that if I re-install ORACLE on the same oracle_home will all the previous database be erased ? Oracle is no longer installed on the system,its only that the old files are there on the system.How can i get my data back ? There are no dumps taken of the database.

Thank You.
Charmee Received on Fri Apr 19 2002 - 01:53:30 CDT