Re: SQL Loader Performance issue after Oracle8i

From: Rajendran Kumaraguru <rajendran.k_at_pacific.net.sg>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 11:01:18 +0800

Hi Fraser,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes we did statistics for the object referenced by trigger still the performance is same. Also the object referenced by trigger is a partition table. All indexes are present in the new database. Still the execution plan shows the cost after enforcing rule.

  1. Before enforcing the rule

select * from summary_usage_logs
where pmonth=1
and to_char(last_day_month,'DD/MM/YYYY')='31/01/2002' AND ROWNUM=1; Execution Plan

   0      SELECT STATEMENT Optimizer=CHOOSE (Cost=3 Card=327 Bytes=313
          92)

   1    0   COUNT (STOPKEY)
   2    1     TABLE ACCESS (BY INDEX ROWID) OF 'SUMMARY_USAGE_LOGS' (C
          ost=3 Card=327 Bytes=31392)

   3    2       INDEX (RANGE SCAN) OF 'SUMMARY_USAGE_LOGS_U1' (UNIQUE)
           (Cost=2 Card=327)

2. After enforcing the rule

select /*+ rule */ * from summary_usage_logs  where pmonth=1
 and to_char(last_day_month,'DD/MM/YYYY')='31/01/2002'  AND ROWNUM=1; Execution Plan

   0      SELECT STATEMENT Optimizer=HINT: RULE (Cost=3 Card=327 Bytes
          =31392)

   1    0   COUNT (STOPKEY)
   2    1     TABLE ACCESS (BY INDEX ROWID) OF 'SUMMARY_USAGE_LOGS' (C
          ost=3 Card=327 Bytes=31392)

   3    2       INDEX (RANGE SCAN) OF 'SUMMARY_USAGE_LOGS_U1' (UNIQUE)
           (Cost=2 Card=327)

Thanks,
Guru