Re: SQL Loader Performance issue after Oracle8i

From: Fraser McCallum <fmcc_at_removetoemail_odbaguru.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 12:50:29 +1000

Prior to your load did you computed statistics for all the objects referenced by the trigger? If computing statistics does not improve things and you were using the rule based optimizer in your pre-migration Oracle system then you may need to add hints to your trigger code to force a rule based optimizer plan. One last thought, you did check that all your indexes are still present and valid in the new system?

Kind Regards,

Fraser McCallum
MVP Oracle Administration
www.brainbench.com