Re: Oracle 8i and 9i install and running concurrently in a Solaris Host Machine

From: Pete Sharman <peter.sharman_at_oracle.com>
Date: 15 Apr 2002 08:51:48 -0700

In article <bf25b803.0204150555.44b72b6_at_posting.google.com>, wswwong_at_hotmail.com says...

>Hello all
>
>Can Oracle 8i and 9i coexist in a single Solaris Host machine ? We
>would like to run both Oracle 8i and 9i Database server in the same
>Solaris Host Machine. Can this be done ? We will have the 8i and 9i
>listen to different port (1521 for 8i and 1530 for 9i) and of couse
>the ORACLE_HOME will point to corresponding direcotry ? What esle I
>should be checking ? Any thoughts ? Thanks in advance
>
>Wilson Wong

Yes it can be done (provided the server has enough resources of course). Also not strictly necessary to use different listeners (although you may want to do this for maintenance reasons).

HTH. Additions and corrections welcome.

Pete

SELECT standard_disclaimer, witty_remark FROM company_requirements; Received on Mon Apr 15 2002 - 10:51:48 CDT