Oracle 8i and 9i install and running concurrently in a Solaris Host Machine

From: wilson <wswwong_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 15 Apr 2002 06:55:28 -0700

Hello all

Can Oracle 8i and 9i coexist in a single Solaris Host machine ? We would like to run both Oracle 8i and 9i Database server in the same Solaris Host Machine. Can this be done ? We will have the 8i and 9i listen to different port (1521 for 8i and 1530 for 9i) and of couse the ORACLE_HOME will point to corresponding direcotry ? What esle I should be checking ? Any thoughts ? Thanks in advance

Wilson Wong Received on Mon Apr 15 2002 - 08:55:28 CDT