Re: max file size of database

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 19:43:21 +1000

In article <a9e577$2cqjg$3_at_ID-140794.news.dfncis.de>, you said (and I quote):
> Now i recogniced that the max files size on my NTFS harddisc with a capacity
> of 30 GB was
> 16383 MB!!
>
> Why?

Because most likely you're using a 4K block size and the maximum number of blocks in a datafile X 4K = 16Gb.

The max file size you can use in NT IIRC is 64Gb, when using 16K block size.

Of course, you can assign much more than just one file to each tablespace, so don't let that be the end of your disk space problems...

:-)

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto