Re: How to get the first 10 rows of a table

From: Ganesh Raja <ganesh_at_gtfs-gulf.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 14:05:03 +0400

Richard W. Zurbuchen wrote:
select * from table_name where rownum <= 10

"frank" <frankw@qd.lucent.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Hi,

I want to know how can I get the first 10 rows of a table's data.
(Oracle 8.1.6)

Thanks in advance
Frank

What is your meaning of the first ten rows. Oracle does not store the Rows in any order and does not fetch rows in any order ... the Above query will just get u the first 10 Rows that oracle has fetched.

Regards,
Ganesh R

--
[Additions and Corrections Welcome]