Re: max file size of database

From: John MacAskill <jmacaski_at_bigpond.net.au>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 11:23:46 GMT

Important point and the reason none of my databases auto extend.

Regardless of the maximum file size on NTFS file systems if a database hits exactly 4GB or multiple thereof there is a high probability it will be corrupted. If it is a byte either side of the 4 GB limit it will be fine but not the exact value. This is due to another wonderful Microsoftism. Thanks Bill

Slainthe,

John