Re: Creating Audit Trail using triggers with 100 tables.

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 22:21:47 GMT

Don't have one handy but a a cursor against user_tables, a little concatenation, and one EXECUTE IMMEDIATE is all you need to do the job.

I'm thinking oh 11 lines of code here.

BEGIN
   OPEN cursor
   LOOP

      FETCH
      EXIT WHEN

      concatenate ...
      EXECUTE IMMEDIATE ...

   END LOOP;
   CLOSE cursor
END; And I did it the long way. Do you really need someone to do it for you?

If so, I question how carefully you've considered the implications.

Daniel Morgan