Re: Oracle Designer Install

From: Telemachus <telemachus_at_ulysseswillreturn.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 12:03:59 -0000

READ THE DOCUMENTATION ! I installed Designer some weeks ago and I needed 1 home for my own database (to sit the Repository Schema in - 8172 ) 1 home for Repository itself (can't be the same one ), and 1 home for the tools (must be 8.0 home )

3 Oracle homes
(although the install will create the last two - you should let it - life will be a lot easier )
Why they need the extra homes is beyond me .