Re: Re-create an Oracle 8.1.7 database on NT

From: mammoth.usenet-access.com <bgt_0990_at_msn.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 07:34:28 -0500

You are not really creating a new "database" all you are doing is creating the NT service which supports the database you are setting up. In addition you are creating/updating the password file (pwdSID.ora) and if you use the INTPWD somepwd then your new Internal password will be somepwd. The passwords for SYS and SYSTEM are unchanged. BTW a Pfile is the initialization parameter file not the PWDxxx.ora password file.

Hope this helps
Barry

   http://www.newsfeeds.com The Largest Usenet Servers in the World! ------== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - Ulimited downloads - 19 servers ==----- Received on Thu Mar 28 2002 - 06:34:28 CST