Re: Oracle 11i on HP or SUN? (not trying to starting a war)

From: <me_in_oc_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 19:38:01 -0800

I agree with the points on hidden costs. I'm actually considering SUN because of the level of expertise they directly bring to the table on Oracle verse HP's offering (not to replace but complement). This I feel, helps me reduce the number of throats-to-chock issues that could otherwise arise if there are problems. SUN has a large mountain to climb in trying to have us switch 'camps' and unless they can prove/provide a "safety-net" for post go-live that's cost effective, I will probably stay with how I know.

Thanks again.