How keep 8i standby no-more-than 30 minutes behind?

From: Guy D. Kuhn <guy.d.kuhn_at_saic.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 22:42:15 -0500

I fond on MetaLink that the interpretation of log_checkpoint_timeout and log_checkpoint_interval was changed for 8i. The documentation, appearently, was not changed. The new interpretation (.. lag the tail of the log...) is a subtlety the eludes me. The bottom line is, how do I ensure my standby is not more than 30 minutes behind the primary? Setting log_checkpoint_timeout does cause a checkpoint at no-greater-than 30 minutes. Received on Tue Mar 26 2002 - 21:42:15 CST