Re: Questions from a beginner

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 10:13:05 GMT

Vasily Bikov doodled thusly:

>Please explain me where to start with Oracle database server, what web sites
>you would recommend. I would like to learn all aspects of installing,
>administering and programming of Oracle for Windows 98/2000 platform.

Daniel already gave you the good oil on books. Highly recommended. There are a few others that are worth it, but Tom's book will be by far the best "starter" for you.

You can go to otn.oracle.com and subscribe. It's free and you get access to excellent info, latest downloads, free eval copies, on-line manuals, great forums (or is that "fora"?), and all the latest and greatest marketing "info". I find it quite useful. Kinda like the Microsoft developer's site but you get access to real people when you need to, instead of "bots".

Cheers
Nuno Souto
nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam Received on Wed Mar 20 2002 - 04:13:05 CST