Oracle 9i won't install everything.

From: Wyrm <afdng_at_wyrm.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 10:26:21 -0000

I installed Oracle 9i on my Win2000 SP2 machine, however at the end of the install the database configuration tool would not complete and had to be stopped. I was also unable to create any databases with the tool. However I had selected some custom options so decided to uninstall and start again. Unfortunately, although the Oracle Installer deinstallation process completed, it left an Oracle directory behind which could not be deleted due to sharing problems. In fact, even after rebooting it could not be deleted! I then found that the deinstallation was in name only as it had left a lot of entries in the registry still - some of which were presumably causing object to load from the Oracle directory. Is this a known issue that is going to be fixed?

Laurence Mee. Received on Wed Mar 20 2002 - 04:26:21 CST