Re: Urgent, Urgent > Oracle 7.1.3 on Novell with incorrect Headers

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 05:32:11 GMT

"Peter Gehle" <info_at_sbg-it-systeme.de> wrote:

>due of an Harddisk Crash we have an corruption of some file in the SYSTEM
>and SADATA directory.
>The message after Startup of the Database is : Incorrect Header in file
>sys01.dbf

Try dropping the datafile and then mounting the database. But it looks like a system tablespace datafile which is likely containing parts (or the whole) data dictionary. In which case you are screwed.

>The second problem is, that the f****** Backup Software he done the Daily
>Backup correctly, but he does'nt.

Kill him. Then torture him slowly until he's dead.

>So the latest availables Files are from 6 month ago :-(( What kind of
>possibilities i got to recover the damaged files ?

None.

>Thera are any tools or function to dump the Informations who are not damaged
>in that files into an Dumpfile ??

Yes. But these are Oracle internal stuff. They can attempt to recover your database's data - assuming that your data tablespaces is not corrupt or damaged. However, you need to have the right support contract's in place I believe for this type of thing to happen.

Contact Oracle Support - plead stupidity and ignorance, that you will faithfully upgrade and backup for the next 100 years and that you will sign a proper maintenance & support agreement. Mebbe they can help.

--
Billy