Re: Oracle log files format

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 05:26:16 GMT

"lodz" <mjakobczak_at_free.bluenet.pl> wrote:

>All right Billy.
>After reding Your answer, now I now that You now "Oracle log file format",
>but can You share me more details?

Not without more details Marek. There are many logs in Oracle. The alert log. The archive logs. The redo logs. The listener's log. Some are text. Some are binary.

Your question is like asking if anyone knows cars. Sure, yeah, we do. But what exactly do you want to know? What do you imply with format? The naming format? The physical file format? The format of messages?

--
Billy